Friday, February 15, 2013

Yeah, seriously Mark, naked people??

Mark's history teacher uses an online forum for questions and answers. The rules are simple: once a week, you must post one question and observation, and you must respond to someone else's post. You have to be positive and respectful, and you must cite your research sources.

Mark left his page up yesterday, and I couldn't help myself. I read through the questions and comments, and overall, I was very impressed by the students' tones. They were very supportive of each other.

Here was Mark's post:




I couldn't stop cracking up after reading this, for a number of reasons.

First of all, I have a refrigerator magnet of the David sculpture. Mark has pointed out numerous times that David is, in fact, buck naked, and did I ever notice that??? Every time he asks me that, the David magnet mysteriously moves to the bottom of the fridge, where apparently it won't offend anyone else's sensitive natures (except maybe the cats).

So it's funny to see Mark suddenly declare David one of the greatest sculptures of all time. (For the record, he's right--I've seen David in person, and it is one of the greatest sculptures ever.)

The second funny part was Daniel's response--to Moises. I give Daniel extra credit for his encouraging words...to Moises. (A+ on subject material reading comprehension, C- for the details, Daniel.)

Third funny part--Parker's response.

Mark, seriously, naked people?

I can't decide whether Parker's in disbelief that a) Michelangelo carved naked people, or b) Mark pointed this out on the public class forum. Either way, it's funny. Especially because, as my mom pointed out, Mark is a little prude, and easily embarrassed by any sort of immodesty. So it's even funnier that he actually pointed this out in front of the whole (virtual) class.

I always felt sorry for teachers for having to grade all that homework. But now...heck, I'm kinda jealous!


No comments: