Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm getting roommates

Mark was thinking about where he'll live when he grows up, and he decided he'll just stay put. He informed me that he and his family will live with me.

I want to be close to my grandkids, but that seems...well, a bit close. (Not to mention we only have one bathroom.)

"Oh," I said. "Okay. Are you gonna have a lot of kids?"

He nodded. "Probably two or three."

"Hmmm..." I thought about it. "Where will you all sleep?"

Now it was his turn to think. He scratched his head, and finally answered, "Well, I guess the kids can sleep in the office. And my wife and I will get the bunk beds." He smiled, proud that he'd figured it all out.

I smiled and bit my tongue.

"Sounds like a great plan," I told him. "And you'll save a lot of money. All you have to pay for is a new bathroom!"

I think it's a pretty good solution all around. Of course, my future daughter-in-law may not agree...

No comments: