Friday, October 29, 2010

I hate those, too

The other day, completely out of the blue, Mark told me there are five things he really hates. I was interested and a bit surprised to hear what took the top spots.

It's not exactly the list I imagined (I figured veggies or homework would figure prominently). But he spouted them off so quickly I knew he'd been thinking about them for a while.

Here's what Mark hates--so don't bring these things to my house unless you want to see Mark freak out. And if you do that, please make sure I'm home to witness it. ;-)

My Top 5 Most Hated Things
by Mark (comments in paranthesis by Heather)

1. That high-pitched scream a baby makes. (Ironic because he has no baby siblings--but I agree with him on this.)

2. Drying off with a damp towel. (Ditto. Though it wouldn't necessarily make my top 5...)

3. Seeing worms "worm" around. (Flopping around--he said they look like "a skinny finger with no knuckle." And I'll never look at worms the same again.)

4. The smell of a dirty diaper. (This one DOES make my Top 5, too. I'm beginning to believe my son is ageist, or has something against babies.)

5. The ripping of duct tape from your hair. (I don't even know where this one came from, but now I'm alarmed.)

There you go...not quite sure what to do with the list, other than hold it as evidence on why babies can't come over for visits.

2 comments:

Tidepool said...

I love his top 5. I was literally laughing out loud in the library!

Heather said...

Yeah, he's quite a character, Sasha! ;-)