Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Adoption Day!

Today is our fifth (!) Adoption Day. This year, I'm going to let Mark describe how adoption feels from the kid's point of view...this is an awesome paper he wrote for class last year, which immediately brought me to tears. 

Happy Adoption day, Mark--I love you!


My Best Gift
By Mark Dinsdale

It was a gray, dingy, dreary, and uninteresting day. I was tired of moving from place to place. This day I didn’t realize that I was going to a place where I was going to stay forever.

Once a week, a lady called Heather would come and play with me. I thought she was a person who just came to play. One day when I was playing in the freezing cold, frosty air I had to pick up all my favorite belongings. I had no idea where I was going.

After I loaded up all my favorite belongings, I had to put them in Heather’s car. It was Thanksgiving Day when I went to her clean, tidy house. There was not a speck of dust in the huge house (although it was only one story). After five minutes of being in the home, unknown people started pouring into the house. I started to flip out and dove under my soon-to-be bed.

About ten minutes later, I came out from under my bed. After Thanksgiving, I went to my real house and I was explosive with anger. I did not want to go back to my real house; I wanted to stay at Heather’s house forever. When I finally got back to my house, I sprang to my bed.

About a month later, I was adopted. I had no idea! No one told me, until about fifteen minutes before my new mom came to the house. The person who adopted me was Heather.

“I should’ve known,” I whispered to myself because Heather came to my house every so often.

I still had a lot of stuff in the garage. Heather yelled, ”Holy cow, that’s a lot of stuff.” I looked for all my absolute favorite stuff. I got most of it and shoved it into the smooth, sleek, black car.

I bet if I was never adopted I would probably be at my fifteenth or sixteenth house. I’m glad I was adopted. Now I am the happiest kid on earth. 




No comments: