Friday, December 21, 2012

The one where Mark gets inappropriate Christmas gifts

Mark is always reminding me he's not a little kid anymore. Which is true, but puts him at that awkward stage where people don't know what to buy him for Christmas. He's too old for toys, but too picky about clothes.

So my cousin Kathleen bought him a manly gift pack of Axe body wash and shampoo. Mark took the bottles out and immediately proclaimed he was NOT GOING TO USE THIS.

"Why not?" I asked. "You like manly soaps..."

"Um, yeah," he stammered. "Look what it says!" He held the bottle toward me.


"Really?" he asked, sarcastically. "Kathleen wants me to get dirty?" 

I burst out laughing, and couldn't stop for a good 10 minutes.

"And what about this?" he asked, holding up the shampoo bottle. 

 

"Wash, attract, repeat?" he said. "Seriously?

I couldn't stand it any longer. I texted Kathleen the pictures and Mark's running commentary. She answered back that she never even saw those instructions.

"Oh, crap," she texted. "I got him X-rated body wash!"

Which sent Mark and I over the edge again. We were crying with laughter. 

Then Mark dragged the poor kitten into all this. 

"What if I wash Fernando with this?" he asked. "Will he attract all the girl cats?" He swiped an imaginary paw and said, "Rawr!"

I was texting Kathleen back when Mark found a written page of instructions for the body wash. As I was typing, he read them aloud.

"Take care when using on sensitive areas," he read. He immediately stopped and said, "You know what 'sensitive areas' are, RIGHT?" 

I did, and tried really hard not to look at him. He was horrified that Kathleen had given him this, and that I was laughing about it. 

"No," Mark said, putting the bottles down. "Just. NO. I am not using that body wash. EVER." And then he stomped out of the room.

"Well, I guess the gift was a success one way or another," Kathleen texted. 

It most certainly was. I could just imagine the conversation in my head, when someone asks Mark about his presents.

"Hey Mark, what was your favorite Christmas gift?" I imagine them asking. 

And Mark's answer? "The X-rated body wash Kathleen gave me!"

Oh yes, it WAS successful, Kathleen. Maybe not in the way you intended, but definitely a hit.

(And no, I still haven't stopped snickering...)




No comments: