Friday, March 15, 2013

That's not the REAL Easter Bunny

Last weekend, Mark and I were strolling through the mall when we saw a giant Easter Bunny.

He had his own little hut and a personal photographer. Little kids were lined up to sit on his lap and take a picture with him.

"Come on, Mark, let's take your picture!" I said. I didn't think he'd go for it (he's 13 and too cool for that now), but his reason surprised me.

"No," Mark said. "I don't want my picture with him. Bunnies don't wear glasses!"

That stopped me in my tracks. "What?" I asked.

"Look at him," Mark said, pointing to the giant bunny. "When have you ever seen a rabbit wearing glasses? That's right...NEVER!"

I was silent. Finally, after a little thought, I said, "Glasses, huh? So you're on board with the story of a giant bunny hopping across the country delivering candy to little kids? And you're okay with the same bunny hiding colored chicken eggs in the backyard? But the part of the story you don't believe is...the glasses?"

"Yup," Mark said, confidently walking away.

And so I followed. I never did get his photo with the big bunny, but it wasn't because Mark no longer believes in him.

He only believes in an Easter Bunny with perfect vision.


No comments: