Friday, July 19, 2013

I wasn't expecting THAT

I have to admit, kids DO make life more interesting. For example, sometimes, pre-kid, I was surprised to find an old magazine in my car, or maybe even a sweatshirt previously thought lost.

But I never found anything as exciting as this:



Yup, that's a shark egg Mark found at the beach. My nephew Nic found one last year, and this year, the kids found a bunch of them. Guess Mark's ended up in my trunk, where it scared the bejesus out of me. (I wasn't sure if it was some giant bug or...I don't know what. All I know is that I screamed like a little girl when it fell out of the trunk.)

My fear subsided once I realized what it was. And the egg was empty, unlike the one Nic found last year, so I don't have to worry about the baby shark. (Hannah said the Nic found last year was stashed somewhere in his room--she visibly shook at the thought of that.) 

But now I have a new fear--the kids found three eggs on the beach this year. In like, a matter of minutes. Which kind of freaks me out--if there are that many empty eggs on the beach, then there's an equal number of baby sharks swimming there in the water.  Probably even more. A lot more.

And maybe that thought makes me scream like a little girl all over again.


No comments: