Thursday, August 15, 2013

Well, this gives me hope...

Saw this product in a store yesterday:




At first I thought, "Why does a wooden dog need a toy chest?" but then I realized the chest is wooden, not the dog. (Ah, grammar is tricky!)

My next thought was, "That totally depresses me," because I've been asking my kid to put away his toys FOR YEARS, and he still can't figure out how to do that. And yet, there's Fido, all happy, showing off how he put all of his giant dog toys away in an equally giant toy box. He's staring at the camera, taunting me, smiling because he's more obedient than my son.

It was quite a discouraging moment, until I realized, no, wait, it's the very opposite! It's actually a very ENCOURAGING moment, because hey, if that little pup can learn to put his toys away, then maybe someday Mark will do the same! So now, instead of being bummed, I'm totally excited. Because if you can teach an old dog new tricks, maybe you can teach an old kid, too.  

I can't wait to show Mark this picture, although he may not share my enthusiasm...maybe I need to think outside the (wooden) box and focus my training efforts elsewhere. (I'm talking to you, Fernando!)


No comments: