Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mystery solved!

This week, Mark finally figured out how to improve his behavior at school. Unfortunately, it's only a temporary solution.

"I got a green mark in class today!" he announced proudly when I picked him up from school yesterday.

"Good job, buddy!" I answered. I was very proud of his good behavior.

"Yup," he continued. "That's my third one this week."

That stopped me. My math's not good, but things didn't add up here.

"Um, you've only been in school one day this week," I reminded him.

"No, I haven't!" he replied.

"Yes, Monday was a holiday, and yesterday, you were out sick," I said. "How did you get green marks when you weren't even there?"

"I dunno," he shrugged. "But I did. Three in one week -- woo hoo!" And then he ran off.

I let him. Three green marks in one week is a record -- actually being in class to earn them is just a technicality. I could keep harping on it and make us both miserable, or I could accept it and live off the high for a few days. (Or at least until next week...)

I think you know which route I chose. :-)

No comments: