Sunday, March 7, 2010

This is why I politely decline...

...whenever Mark offers to make lunch.

"I'm gonna have half a sandwich," Mark just told me. "Want me to make you one?"

"No thanks, I'm good," I replied.

"But I'm making turkey and peanut butter," he said, as though that would change my mind.

"Ewww!" I cried. "Together? That's so gross!"

"No, Mom, it's sooooo good," he said. "You should try it, the peanut butter really brings out the flavor of the turkey."

Before I could answer that, my gag reflex replied instead.

"Ack," I coughed. "No thanks."

But he was insistent, and offered me a bite. "Just try it, Mom," he pleaded.

So I did. And it tasted like...turkey and peanut butter. Together. It was about as good as it sounds, which is to say...not great.

"You're right," I lied to Mark. "It is pretty good."

He started beaming, and clapped is hands. Which completely made biting that sandwich worth it.

But I'm still making dinner tonight, no matter what he says!

No comments: