Friday, March 11, 2011

Voicemail

I am fortunate to work at home sometimes, a fact I do not always share with my son. Because when he does know I'm at home, I get phone calls like these, which kept beeping in while I was on a phone meeting for work.

9:24 a.m.: "Hi Mom, this is Mark. So, um, I forgot my homework at home. Can you bring it to class? Unless you're in the shower...or at the grocery store. Then can you bring it afterwards?"

9:27 a.m.: "Hi Mom, my mistake. I DO have my homework. So, um, yeah. So, get out of the shower as soon as you can. So, bye."

9:31 a.m.: "Mom, I spaced again, I DID lose my homework. So, bye. Yeah, homework."

I found his homework, and double-checked his name was on it so I could leave it in the school office. It definitely had a name on it--Matt.

So at least Matt will be happy when I bring it to school. Mark, on the other hand, will still be looking for his homework.

No comments: