Thursday, April 14, 2011

Giant cat toy

What's more fun to play with than a cherished and hard-earned Cub Scout Arrow of Light? As my very, very Bad Cats pointed out recently, nothing!

Until yesterday, the arrow was safely displayed in the dining room so visitors could fawn appropriately. Well, someone did, indeed, notice it. But instead of fawning, he realized it looked like a pretty good toy.

I blamed Frankie, the original Bad Cat, who's responsible for most of the cat-inflicted damage in our home. But mid-way through my scolding, I noticed a set of glowing eyes lurking in the background, waiting for another chance at the precious arrow (or more specifically, the irresistible feathers at the end of the arrow). Elvis!



I chased Elvis off and returned the arrow to its place of honor. I went to the kitchen, but when I returned, the arrow was back on the floor. Frankie, who'd never even noticed the arrow before, was ready to pounce on it.

The arrow has been moved to a new place of honor in Mark's room. His walls are getting painted next week, so I'll hold off nailing it into the wall until then.

Let's just hope the dang cats can hold off, too...

1 comment:

Tidepool said...

Love the photo! Too funny!