Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Boys are different from girls

How so, do you ask? Because neither I nor any of my female friends have ever made the following statement:

"Nathan and I stuck our fingers into our ears today to see if we could touch our brains."

I looked at the boy who made this statement and asked, "And could you?"

Mark very proudly answered, "No, but I told Nathan I could. I said it felt squishy."

I started to giggle until he told me they also tried to feel their brains using other orifices -- namely, their noses. I immediately cut him off and ordered him to go wash his hands.

"But we did it hours ago," he protested.

"I don't care," I answered. "And I don't want to hear any more stories about fingers and noses!" I shuddered, as all those years surrounded by gross boys (i.e., brothers) came flooding back to me.

Suddenly, tea parties, princesses and little daughters didn't sound all that bad.

No comments: