Thursday, October 29, 2009

Now this is more like it

One of Mark's daily chores is setting the dinner table. I'm never quite sure how it will look when he's done -- he always forgets the condiments, he often forgets the silverware or napkins, and sometimes he even forgets the plates.

But sometimes, like last week, he adds things.


I really appreciated the festive touch -- it definitely made taco night seem more exotic.

And I liked it much better than other nights when he's decorated my beer -- by adding a colorful straw for me to sip with.

Because let's face it, while I appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness of a good bendy straw, a cold beer is much better when chugged straight from the bottle. Which is exactly how I intended to drink it...

Right up until I saw that angelic, sweet little face smiling and waiting patiently for me to use the straw he lovingly placed in the beer bottle.

I didn't think it got any cuter than that face, until I sipped my beer from the straw, and the face broke into a gigantic smile.

So if you ever join us for dinner and drinks, don't be surprised if they come with a paper umbrella -- or a straw.

No comments: