Friday, March 23, 2012

Beware of falling apples

You know that saying about how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? Well, it's certainly true in my family.

Once, when I was in college, my parents sent me money (OK, yes, it was more than once, but humor me). My mom told my dad to send me a check, and apparently, she also told him to include a short note. Because when I opened the envelope, the letter accompanying the check said, "Your mom told me to write something when I sent this, so here it is. Love, Dad."

A man of few words, my pops.

Today, I received a check in the mail from my big brother. Tim thinks just like my dad, but obviously does not solicit advice from his wife, because here's the letter that came with my check:



I guess that other saying is correct--like father, like son.

No comments: