Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's not JUST for hiking...


The other night, as I put Mark to bed, I noticed something unusual about the hiking pole he'd purchased last summer at the Grand Canyon. It was fully extended, presumably ready for immediate use by any 6' 5" hikers wandering our neighborhood.



I knew Mark hadn't been hiking recently, so I asked him why the pole was extended so far out.

"Oh," he answered vaguely from his bed. "I was using it."

"For what?" I pressed. It was too tall for him to walk with.

"I use it at night," he said. He could see the confused look on my face, so he sighed and asked me to hand the pole to him.

"I don't like to get out of bed," said the world's laziest boy, in the understatement of the decade. "So I just use the hiking pole at bedtime."

And with that, he demonstrated his skills--at being both inventive and...well, pretty darn lazy.



I swear, this kid...when he grows up, he'll either be the most successful inventor ever, or he'll be the laziest grown man still living at home. 


No comments: