Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer vocation camp

Not sure what's going on at Mark's summer camp, but I'm a little worried... because I worry about any conversation that starts out this way.

"Hey, Mom," Mark said on the way home last night. "My friend Julian wanted me to wax his hair off."

"WHAT THE???" is what I wanted to yell, but instead, I thought silently, "Don't crash the car, don't crash the car."

"He did, huh? And did you?" I asked, praying this story did not involve duct tape.

"Yeah," he answered, nonchalantly. "I waxed his mustache, his arms, his legs and his hair. Oh, and his eyebrows."

I winced. "What kind of tape did you use?"

"Scotch tape," he answered.

And though I already knew the answer, I asked if it hurt.

"The eyebrows did," Mark said. "It pulled off like 10 eyebrow hairs! He said the other parts didn't hurt."

"Hmmm," I said, because I didn't know what else to say. "Did the hair come off his arms and legs?"

"A little bit," Mark said. "I put some more on him before I left, and said to leave it there for a couple days. Then we'll rip it off later."

"Wow," I said. I don't think this was one of the "choose your own" activities listed on the camp schedule.

I won't be surprised tomorrow if I get to meet Julian's mom. I'm guessing she might have a few things to say to me!

They never teach this kinda stuff on Supernanny...

No comments: