Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm an evil genius...

I just found the BEST way to torture Mark. I told him to go to bed, but he kept on horsing around.

"If you don't listen to me, you'll be sorry," I said.

"Yeah, right," he snorted.

"You will," I promised. "I'll start singing the Barney theme song. And it'll get stuck in your head--you won't be able to think of anything else!"

But he kept playing. And so I began. Very loudly, I started singing, and he instantly recoiled.

"I love you, you love me..."

"No, Mom! Stop!" he pleaded, covering his ears. "I'm going!"

But I didn't stop. I kept singing, even as he ran out the door.

I was still giggling to myself when I walked past his room a couple minutes later. He had the pillow over his head, and called out, "Please, Mom--sing something else! I can't think of anything else!"

I just snickered and kept walking. Who says you have to beat your kids to get them to listen to you?

No comments: