Thursday, March 19, 2009

He's a thoughtful kid

I've been busy with Mark's sleep-away camp applications during the past few weeks. One camp requires a TB test completed within the last two years, which of course Mark didn't have.

So it was off to the doctor Tuesday afternoon for the arm poke.

Afterwards, the doctor used a cotton ball to wipe away the tiny drop of blood, then applied a band-aid to Mark's arm. I complimented Mark on being so brave.

He asked if it was all done, and I said yes, except that we had to come back to the doctor's office Thursday morning for the results.

"Will that hurt?" he asked. He was worried about getting poked again.

"No," I answered. "All they do is look at your arm. They look at the spot where the doctor poked you, to see if it turned purple."

"That's it?" he asked.

"That's it," I answered.

He was relieved. So relieved, in fact, he decided to help out the nurse.

Mark showed me his arm just before we left this morning, and said, "Look, Mom, I made it easy for her! Now she'll know exactly where to look."

I've heard of ring-around-the-collar before, but never ring-around-the-TB-shot!

No comments: