Monday, March 9, 2009

Quotable quotes

Here are my three favorite quotes of the weekend.

From Mark:

Mark: "Hey Mom, look, there's a pecan on my blanket!"

Me, puzzled: "A what?"

Mark: "A picture of a pecan. Look!"

Me, staring at a bird, not a nut: "That's a peacock, not a pecan."

***
From Mark's report card:

"Mark is a nice young man to have in class. When he is focused, he is ready to learn and try his best."

What, Mark's not always focused??? I'd like to say I'm shocked, but instead, I'll just say the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one.

***
And from my dad, excitedly describing his new jacket with lots of pockets inside. (He loves jackets.)

Dad: "There's even a pocket for my cell phone."

Me, laughing: "You don't have a cell phone!"

Dad, also laughing: "And there's another pocket for my Blueberry."

Me, laughing harder: "You mean your Blackberry? You don't have one of those either!"

Dad: "Blackberry, Blueberry, whatever."

I certainly do have a funny family...

No comments: